Welcome to the classroom blog of room 307. How exciting to be able to share classroom happenings with my students and their families! It's here you will find videos, class updates, projects the students have created and many other things. I hope that you are able to check in from time to time to be kept up to date with what we are learning in class. I look forward to keeping you more informed and having a place for my classes to share their wonderful work.


Mrs. Baril

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Hi to both my classes!

I just need to tell you how proud I am of you guys.  You have really worked hard the past  few weeks and we got a lot done.  Just think how much you learned about multiplication and weathering and erosion and natural resources.  Some of you even taught me a thing or two.  You all rock and I am so glad I am your teacher.  YOU are the reason I go to Smith each day. Love you all!!

Congratulations to our newly elected class President,  Saxton D. and our Vice President Ella I.   I know they will do a great job leading us this semester.  Congratulations also to Kensie F. and Creed L. who were elected  as our STUCO reps.  It was such a tight race and I know everyone tried so hard and that's what is important! 

Here are a few videos on some of the topics we have been working on in class.  Make sure you practice, practice, practice and then practice some more.review, review, review, and then practice some more.  If you prefer the traditional way of multiplying, "the grown up way",  you can do that but you MUST understand the methods in the video and be mistake free when doing multiplication the grown up way. 

MULTIPLICATION
Partial Products using Window Pane or Box Method



MULTIPLICATION
 
Partial Products using Bow Tie or Criss Cross Method
 

 

MULTIPLICATION
 
Estimating Products
 

No comments:

Post a Comment