Welcome to the classroom blog of room 307. How exciting to be able to share classroom happenings with my students and their families! It's here you will find videos, class updates, projects the students have created and many other things. I hope that you are able to check in from time to time to be kept up to date with what we are learning in class. I look forward to keeping you more informed and having a place for my classes to share their wonderful work.


Mrs. Baril

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Fraction Time

  There are several apps that are available for fractions on iPad/iPod and for android devices.  Check with your parents about downloading these apps.


ANDROID APPS
Kids Math, Equivalent Fractions, Ideal Math*, Fractions, Real Math*.


ANDROID APPS











*One of these sends me an advertisement in my notification each day.  I think it is Ideal Math.  Still worth it.




iPad/iPod apps





App Names
Coop Fractions, Concentration, Fraction Kitchen Free, Equivalent Fractions, Fractions Basic, Pizza 1
Parents:  Students are not yet ready for coop fractions or Fraction Kitchen Free, but some kids may want to try them anyway.  That is okay by me.


KIDS you need to practice your multiplication facts.  Go here and have fun 



Web sources for math:
A wonderful online source for math is Dovewhisper.com  You will find the entire fourth grade math offerings at http://www.dovewhisper.com/4th_C_C.htm  Students can then click on fractions and choose a fraction activity.  I highly suggest they also work on multiplication facts by clicking on the multiplication box and then choosing activities from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment